16th Annual Darkside 8 Hour Run
7am – 3pm.
Date: May 12, 2018
Come out to beautiful Moreland, Georgia on May 12, 2018 to run with us for 8 hours. Bear Creek Farm is a beautiful, picturesque horse farm in rural Moreland, Georgia. The 1.02 mile course is set in rolling hills which loop around the farm and a beautiful pond. You’ll run by the horse stables and corrals, where you might get a chance to “race” the horses. If we’re lucky in the later morning, the trainers will bring the horses and hunting dogs out so we can see how it all happens!
You can complete 50 miles, a 50K, or a marathon, all depending on how energetic you feel! Registration is limited to 50 runners, and we recognize the top male finisher and top female finisher with awards. Sign up early so you don’t miss out on the fun!
- Where: Bear Creek Farm (1539 Bear Creek Road in Moreland, GA)
- PARKING: Park in the field opposite the farm entrance
- Race headquarters: (start and finish) is at the covered pavilion
- Entry fee: $45 (and some munchies*) (limited to 50 runners)
- Darkside Running Club will provide hydration (water & Gatorade and post event BEVERAGES (both the child and adult versions)
- Runners and Volunteers should bring a stash of *munchies (i.e. bag of cookies, box of crackers, etc.) to be shared by everyone. It’s all COMMUNITY PROPERTY on race day.
- Entries must be received by May 5, 2018